I-rock detroit---- 80's Sanctuary!

Hello people. I found out last night Whitney Houston died right before we went on at the gig. Very sad news. Only 48 years old! Some of my earliest memories of music are listening to "how will I know?" in my moms van while I drank fountain diet coke from the gas station, I was 7 or 8!


So last night I dedicated a song to Whitney Houstons spirit. A song that I thought I could imagine her singing, because let's face it, my voice isn't that great! We played it extremely slow last night. Slower than this recording. It was different, I liked it.


On a lighter not, I think the gig last night went very well! I know this wasn't the general consensus among the bands, but I believe the sound guy WAS A GENIUS! Hit Society was the loudest I have EVER heard them! Our group, I felt sounded very loud! As well. You could tell the guy was from a different school, heck the whole club was from the 1980's! All kinds of 80's stuff EVERYWHERE! Pictures of really cheesy skinny blonde chicks (hot for their time) were all over the walls in the men's bathroom. Like I said, they had TONS of rock memorialbila on the walls. Even a guitar singned by my hero, Michael Angelo Batio!  Watch the video. It's mandatory viewing!


They had stuff from almost every 80's rock band you could imagine! Plus an ORIGINAL JIMI HENDRIX POSTER from where he played somewhere in Flint back in the 60's. The sound guy was cool, he made all of the guitars the loudest I have heard them sound in a long time. I could have sworn he turned me up during my solos too. I have to admit I am biased because he spent 10 minutes lecturing me about how my Fender musicmaster bass amp sounds so good that I should retire it at just keep it for recording! Nonetheless, that venue last night was one of the loudest places I've played. If you want to hear ROCK music the way it was meant to be heard (LOUD)-- go to the I'rock in Detroit. They don't cater to just a bunch of what some people might call "hipster bands". I believe it is the only Rock club of its kind left in Detroit, a relic of the 80's!!!!

-----Matt





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center