My review of the K-tone 5813 Double Neck!

Last weekend I was at guitar center, and I found this light-weight double neck (acoustic on top, electric 6 string on the bottom) for only $199 used. The color is a tobacco burst finish.


I immediately gravitated towards this instrument upon first site because I have been bolting some of my less expensive guitars together in order to create double necks at home. I took the guitar into a far back corner in an acoustic room to plug it into one of the acoustic amps before buying it.

The sound was very hot off the 6 string electric, which had a humbucker and two single coils in typical HSS fashion. In some ways I prefer the hotness and brighter attack of cheaper ceramic magnet pickups; they give you a lot of signal to work with. The neck did not have noticeable sharp edges from the frets like you would expect. The guitar played surprisingly fast with nice low action. You can really shred on the bottom neck.

The top semi-acoustic guitar sounds quieter that a full bodied one, but plays more like an electric when you kick on overdrive. Surprisingly I have played the acoustic guitar with tons of effects and distortion and have not had too much of an issue with feed back. The acoustic section of the guitar has a single single-coil pickup, similar to what you would see on a strat.

The only disappointing thing about this instrument is that the guitar will not allow you to play the sound of both necks at the same time, which is sort of a bummer. I am considering buying a separate acoustic pick with a cable attached to it in order to process both signals separately and simultaneously.

I really do enjoy shredding on it at home. I have yet to use it with the band. I will update this review when I do! For 200 dollars, I am quite happy with it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center