Pete and I had the chance to be a part of Make Music Day- Detroit 2017. We found out about the festival 2 weeks ago, so we signed up, but most of the spots had been taken. We submitted ourselves, but didn't hear anything about it in our emails, or phones. I heard we were playing when I opened a mass email the morning of the festival, reminding performers to check their "Gig Profiles". I did, and subsequently found out we were confirmed to play at 2 different times and places during the festival. Unfortunately, these times were not the best slots, but we talked about it that morning and decided we were obliged to play both times since we had signed up. Both places were pretty much empty. The first gig was at the Old Miami at 1pm on an outdoor stage. My amps weren't miked up and I had some tuning issues. The second gig was in Hamtramck at a dance studio, we had better acoustics there, but my kapo broke on the second song, and I broke a bass string on the 3rd! ...
Comments
Post a Comment