Our New Dodge Success Story!+ Ypsilanti Show Cancellation --- by Matthew T. Mruzek

Hello people! Saturday night's show at the New Dodge was one of the better attended shows we have played this summer!

We weren't able to get a cd from the mixer board, which was a bummer, but at least I saved money by not having to pay for it. We were scheduled to play the Maidstone Theatre in Ypsilanti on Friday next week, but decided to drop the show, because the bill has changed a few times, and now there are 6 bands, and yesterday I saw they wanted us to play a 7pm, which is kind of a joke for a bar type of gig.

I don't like dropping shows, but playing at 7pm would involve us driving through rush hour traffic, in Pete's Chevy suburban which probably get 10 miles to the gallon! Then we would probably play for 3 people, then the emo-hardcore bands would play, and I would have to feign interest out of politeness and have flash backs to when my high school band used to open for the same type of acts.

Instead we will probably drag out the mixing board, mics, and cables this week and try to get a decent recording. We are still playing Reeboot Indiefest 2017! I apologize to all Washtenaw county friends who live in Ypsilanti and were considering coming out to the Maidstone! It is our hope that we will have a little more luck regarding what places will book us once we have a decent recording.

Several of the more desirable venues/bars have blown me off when trying to book. I always remember one of my low points a few years ago, with the Bad Mics, when the Painted Lady wouldn't even get back to me! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! The good old days in the Ill Itches when I had someone else pulling the strings are over! I don't feel like I'm at rock bottom, but I don't see us playing the big local gigs until we get some of our recordings together, maybe boost those page likes, and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

--- Matthew T. Mruzek

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center