Refinishing my 1959 Gibson Les Paul Junior

Well this week I have been spending a lot of time refinishing my 1959 Gibson Les Paul Junior. It belonged to my grandfather, who was a traveling musician. It could really use some updating since it still has its original worn finish. I want to turn it into an instrument that truly reflects me!

 I spent about 6 hours yesterday sanding the instrument by hand. I also routed a compartment for a neck pickup and routed two extra holes for one additional volume knob, and one additional tone knob. Then I added a hole for the toggle switch I am going to install. I am getting rid of the p-90, and I am going to replace them with dimarzio hyper distortion pickups. This sure has been a lot of work so far!

 What you see here is what it looks like now, it took six hours to come to this. I can't wait until the instrument is completely and finally sanded (the back is only half done). Once it is completely sanded, I am having my good friend Dan who does wood burning art burn this design into it:


I can't wait until the guitar is done! I am going to love showing it off to all my friends. Also, let me know if you want any advice from me on how to improve the looks of your guitar!

------Matt













APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center