My Effects Setup for the Double Guitar

Today I am bored, so I decided to write about what my effects setup is for the double guitar!

My pedal board is made from a piece of old particle board shelving with holes drilled throughout. I attach the pedals with zip ties through these holes.


I have access to 2 effects chains on this board. I used to run these simultaneously to 2 separate amps for a blended sound when I was playing just guitar. I used the switch box to split the signal, but now I don't use it anymore because I am just hooking up one chain to the guitar, and one to the bass.


The guitar simply goes to the Cry Baby wah, then into the mysterious looking black plastic multi-effects unit. The label fell off many years ago. I originally got that pedal for Christmas in 1999. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world when I was 13! The pedal is a KORG Toneworks ax1g. This one has some special effects settings I programmed into it. Most of the buttons don't work any more, and I don't have the ability to turn it off or easily switch patches during songs.

I send the output from the Korg into this volume pedal. It is handy to control how much feedback I generate. The patch I use most on the Korg is a heavy distortion with a TON of delay that can be controlled by the expression pedal, or turned off. Other times I use a special setting where the expression pedal on the Korg acts as a pitch shifter!






The bass first goes into this Behringer "Vintage Tube Overdrive" pedal. I wish I still had the bass version of this pedal, but I gave it to our old bass player. The guitar version is better than nothing though.




The signal from the green Behringer then goes into this Joyo "Vintage Phase" pedal. These effects sound awesome when used for guitar on dual chains to separate amps, which is what this board was originally put together for. The phaser sounds good on bass, but I don't use it too often.










After the phaser, the bass goes into this Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper. I use the backwards delay on this pedal. I have tried to use the looper function live, but it is too easy to get off tempo. I also think that using a looper is like cheating if I'm really trying to commit the the idea of a double guitar!








This board continues to serve me well. I want to update it, but I am too afraid to mess with what works! Pete and I have already completed our first 3 gigs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center