Are You Tired of getting band "Like" Requests from bands you never heard?

Do you ever get invitations from your friend's new bands to "like" their page on Facebook, but they don't have a single note of music on their page, and you have never heard them before?

This has happened to me many times. I feel like it somewhat devalues anyone who may genuinely like a page, and I feel like the band is asking for obligatory likes from friends and family. I don't mind helping my friend's bands out, but you can understand the internal conflict, right?

One good reason to "like" a band, is if you saw them live and were impressed enough to find them. I have been building a page for Pete and I's group, 002. We haven't invited anyone to like us, because we don't have any music recorded yet. It is somewhat of a rock in a hard place. I feel like we need to use the page to promote ourselves for upcoming gigs, but I don't want to make my rounds for pity likes from all of my friends.


That is our page as of this moment. It is still under construction. I made sure there is a video of us playing from youtube. Unfortunately, it is an early video of us where I am using just one amp and still learning the mechanics of the double guitar. 

Pete and I practice a lot. I am not going to say exactly how much, but I will say that we are treating this as a full time job. The reason we have just the two of us, is that we didn't want to wait for a Saturday every week to practice with a bassist, who would probably call off half the time. My goal is to play roughly 10 gigs before we ever attempt any serious recordings. We have 3 down, and 3 coming up!

Our Next Gig is at the Phoenix Cafe' in Hazel Park, on July 5th! The music starts at 8pm. This gig is an open mic, and we are playing as the "featured act". This would be a great time for you to bring an instrument, and jam with other people!

---Matthew T. Mruzek

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center