Make Music Fest 2017 Re-cap

Pete and I had the chance to be a part of Make Music Day- Detroit 2017. We found out about the festival 2 weeks ago, so we signed up, but most of the spots had been taken. We submitted ourselves, but didn't hear anything about it in our emails, or phones.

I heard we were playing when I opened a mass email the morning of the festival, reminding performers to check their "Gig Profiles".  I did, and subsequently found out we were confirmed to play at 2 different times and places during the festival. Unfortunately, these times were not the best slots, but we talked about it that morning and decided we were obliged to play both times since we had signed up.

Both places were pretty much empty. The first gig was at the Old Miami at 1pm on an  outdoor stage. My amps weren't miked up and I had some tuning issues.

The second gig was in Hamtramck at a dance studio, we had better acoustics there, but my kapo broke on the second song, and I broke a bass string on the 3rd!






It was a rough day of moving equipment! The outdoor stage at the Old Miami was very humbling. My Fender FM100 didn't have the balls/power to play outside. It sounded like a mess!

We might skip this festival next year. It wasn't very well attended, and was quite disorganized. You may have faired better if you played, or attended later though! We are glad we had the chance to play, but we are looking forward to our next gig even more! Even playing for 10 people would have been better than the dismal turnout Make Music Detroit 2017 had!

---Matthew T. Mruzek MD




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center