What's the deal with the doublneck? you overindulgent fool

We aren't playing with a bass player.... what's all this doubleneck stuff?

If you have had these thoughts and are wondering why my partner Pete and I aren't playing with a 3rd person, its simple: no one is willing to commit! I have tried to be good natured about it, but after a while you start adopting the world view that people are just full of shit, and about 80 percent of people with guitars out there have no right to call themselves musicians. They aren't willing to work for it!

For so many years, finding that 3rd person kept me from playing the way I wanted to play, but this time around I am working around it. There are 3 basic moves that I have been trying to master with this double neck.

1. The right finger pumps the bass, left hand "legatos" the 6 string electric guitar. This means I am trying to get enough sustain to play off of the forces from of my left hand.

2. The unison tap/hammer on-- this means that each hand is playing the same thing through hammering on the notes on the fret boards

3. The pump and play--- this is when I hit the bass on the first note of every 2 measures or so--so it rings then use both hands on the six string

Yikes... there are new technical difficulties everyday. In our latest rehearsal, my strap breaks again. I have strap locks, but I guess they weren't designed for a 30 pound guitar.The screws on each strap button are bent, and are stripping out the holes they are drilled in to! Check this video out from our latest practice!

https://youtu.be/t-NNvtm1CYs?t=199

I feel like that could be on America's funniest home videos... it it had only hit me in the crotch!

Oh well. I am not looking for a bass player anymore! More money for me when we get paid!!!!

HA AH AH AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA H

(this video is from a few days ago, our latest is at the above link)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center