Brace yourself for one of the most rude conversations I have ever had with another "musician"!

Hello my dear audience! I recently acquired a surplus of free time, which I am using to practice alone in my house--and attempt to play in bands! 

I sure have been practicing a lot lately! I have been playing the drums, the guitar, the banjo, the bass, you name it! If it was ever on sale at Guitar Center I probably have 2 of them!

Well, I have been somewhat depressed at the lack of circle of musicians I have, so I ventured into the craigslist world of musician classified ads to find some people to play for or with.

I had a man/woman music duo, (who are also dating) invite me out for a drink at a bar tonight or tomorrow in downtown detroit after responding to their ad. I wanted to go, but I am just not up to driving my 40 year old car without power brakes into some unfamiliar territory (the transmission on the Scion xb is fried)--- I have been driving my Corvette now exclusively. Here's the entirety of the conversation that took place.

ME:


Thank you for the invitations! I would like to meet up tomorrow, but I would like to meet somewhere where I am familiar with, like any one of the guitar centers in the area. Right now I am driving a classic car, which does not have power brakes and doesn't lock, I get so scared driving it in places where there might be people who want to steal it, or have to park on the street.

 Would you want to meet at a guitar center? I know how to get to every one of those really well without having to print off directions. We could head somewhere else to get a drink or something after meeting there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. You can give my number to your partner, it is 517-902-8395.

---Matt

GUY ONLINE:

Hi matt
It's (GUY ONLINE)
(_______'s partner)

We love the sound of what you do, however we are looking for someone who is laidback

We actually despise guitar centers, they are sexist and pushy.

We understand that you are a creature of comfort, only wanting to go familiar spaces

But music is about experimentation and those who live rigid lifestyles usually aren't capable of creative challenges

As far as the car you drive and the attention it attracts, that's not our concern

We're looking for rad people to make music, not excuses

Here's links to our music



______ ____

If we're not the right fit for you and your classic car thats okay with us. Some people out there only prefer to be "bathwater" musicians and we're looking for polar bear types looking to take the plunge into the icy waters of art.

ME: I'm not interested anymore

GUY ONLINE: Perfect we dodged a douchey bullet

Here's some bands that may be more your speed

The cars
Eddie and the cruiser
ZZ Top
You know classic car rock

Okay, I have to admit, I actually love ZZ TOP! One of my favorite bands! I am posting this because I think this illustrates so much of what is wrong with today's generation. What self righteous assholes! This is by far the most entertaining thing that has happened to me all week! And please don't judge me, I only heard the music AFTER contacting them. I am not one of those lonely loser guys that just wants to play for a band with a girl in it, no mater how bad it sounds! "Icy waters of art"? Give me a break.......

Do you guys think I was unreasonable? Oh well! People that hate guitar center, can suck it! Unless you work at a music store, I get it, I feel really bad for the people that have to compete with them.

Have a great day! Thank you for reading this!---


Matthew T. Mruzek m.d.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center