002 UPDATE: Recordings---New Show this Saturday---- and other Musings

Pete and I spent 5 days recording the  002 set list last week. We used a multitrack recorder called the Tascam DP-32SD, which allows us to record 8 microphones at a time onto an SD card, and mix the tracks afterward.



We decided it was very important to stay true to how we sound live, so the bass and guitar were recorded at the same time onto different tracks. What you will hear it the true sound of the double guitar, and is very close to what we sound like live. We have a few hours of recordings, which I mixed down 3 songs from, 2 of which were really us testing the mics.

Horror of the Bells is an improvised track we created when I quickly hit record after getting all of our mics in place for the day. It sounded like bells to me when I mixed it, hence the title.

Monster Beat is a track we recorded when I noted that Pete was playing a particularly hot double bass drum beat when he was warming up. I captured what he was playing so he could replicate it later on.

Finally, a rough version of our set staple Air Raid was recorded. We have very high standards when recording our actual songs in our set, so this is strictly a demo! The other two recordings aren't in our set, and are in developmental stages.

The other news is that we have been added onto a show this weekend. Here is the facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1859438834293898/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%2222%22%2C%22feed_story_type%22%3A%2222%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&pnref=story

There will be all sorts of entertainment including live bands, a fashion show, firebreathers, a burlesque show, and art from 11 different artists.


It is my hope I see some friends at our show! We play at 5:30, if you can't make it-- YOU ARE DEAD TO ME.



Ha ha ahH HAH AH AH AH AH AH AH HA

---Matt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center