My list of Top 5 name-brand things I Buy

These are in no particular order:

5. Oreos. 

There is no substitute for real Oreos. Every time I have bought a generic brand of these I have been left disappointed. I recently bought my first pack of mint filled Oreos. At about the same price as regular Oreos, I highly recommend them.

4. D'Adarrio Guitar Strings. 

I will admit, I will buy strings from another manufacturer is they are the only ones on sale. Usually it's pretty easy to get these 3 for 10 at Guitar Center most days of the week. They really do last longer. I like them better than Ernie Balls. If I had the money, I'd buy Elixers, but what they want for those is just crazy. D'Adarrio came out with its own line of higher end strings in 2014. I received some as a gift a year ago. They are good, but once again they are between 10 and 15 dollars a pack. They are holding up pretty good, so I have re-used them on 3 different guitars. (I am a cheapskate)

3. Diet Mountain Dew 

Diet Mountain Dew is a soda that tastes enough like the real thing that I don't notice its diet. Regular Mountain Dew seems too syrupy if I decide to treat myself to a regular soda. (I need my calories for other junk food)

By the way, I choose Coca-Cola if I allow myself regular. Diet Coke tastes like poison though.

2. Crybaby Wah-Wah pedals

Have you ever experienced a fresh, out of the box wah-wah pedal? I received one Crybaby, and one Morely pedal for Christmas when I was 13. I had my mom take the Morley back because I liked the sound of the Crybaby more. I have since learned that it has a wider sweep, which allows more treble frequencies to be boosted. I don't mess with generic wah pedals. I stay away from used wah pedals. Even after a week, I notice some of the fresh sound is gone. I try to get a new one at a good deal whenever they fail, get stolen, or lost. I could use a fresh one now, but I will have to wait for it to get stolen, or leave it on top of my car and drive away, which is what happened to the Christmas wah.

1. Toyotas. 

I am sorry for alienating you American car fans, but Toyotas are just known for their reliability. I have found Toyotas worthy of their reputation. From someone that will NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS, EVEN IF I'M A MILLIONAIRE buy a new car. I choose Toyotas because I have had more than one car, under 500 dollars last me 2 or more years. They may not be that fancy, they may have been over 20 years old, but if you check the oil and change the brake pads, you can avoid a shitty car payment and have dough to spend on other things. I will never understand people that need a dealership to charge them twice as much money for a used car, and offer some shitty warranty that wont help you most of the time anyways.

There's my list! I know most of you were just dying to know! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center