Akward Stage

Hello people!

I notice the weather has been very hot lately. I have mostly been staying inside. I will have to cut grass tomorrow. I don't mind, but I really think the lawn is not doing well enough to undergo the added stress of a mowing in this drought-like weather!

Unfortunately I can't record today. I am waiting for a phone call today, I am supposed to receive a call for a job interview, which will probably take place sometime tomorrow. Great, I will probably have to wear really tacky clothes on the interview! Seriously, why is it that so many brands of Khakis are all ridiculous oversized in the leg areas, but they fit on the waist? Holy shit.

I can't wait until I get this job, I know I am going to get it. I need to buy some new clothes! New boots especially. I can't go back to tennis shoes, I just can't, these boots make me look slimmer, but they are wearing out! I have been eating uncontrolably lately. It's because I am slightly depressed about my appearance. You know, when I decided to grow my hair long, I have to admit-- I had the fantasy that maybe I could look like Johnny Depp or fabio or something--- but my hair has been in a permanent awkward stage for the last two months! (more months than that, according to some of my friends.)  I refuse to cut it, because they always cut it in a really tacky/short fashion that betrays my real personality. Then I always have to endure 3-4 months of an awkward stage before it gets to its ideal length!

I wont be teaching any classes this summer. I am very glad actually. Every summer they always try to pass off one or two classes on me that aren't worth the drive. I love teaching the kids, it is one of the only times each week I feel I have a purpose--- but it just hasn't been economical for a while-- hence I have been looking for a job this week. I don't mind doing some labor gigs either. I actually prefer those, but they are very inconsistent.

Well, the band was offered a gig at a very cool place, I am dissapointed that we had to turn it down. We had two reasons for turning it down:

1. We would have had to use a replacement drummer because Eric just left for Argentina for the summer.

2. Kojis parents are going to be in town from Japan for the week of the gig-- so I understand him wanting to spend time with them-- it costs a shitload to fly in from there!

Well at least I feel a little wanted! Unfortunatley, we had to turn it down. I really do need to get to play this summer. I hope my drummer friend Tom can sub for us this summer. I am a little embarassed to ask him though. There was an incident involving a can of something nasty that happened at band practice last time. He's a great drummer though!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center