List of Amps and cabs I have broken in the last Year

I am frustrated. I have broken 4 cabs, and 3 amps within the last year. Most of the damages were incurred while using distortion pedals.

I broke my Behringer BVT5500H bass head. I was using it on top of a 4x12 cab and it vibrated off and fell down undamaged! So I put the head on the floor to prevent that from happening again. Then I promptly tripped over the cable plugged into it and broke the main input jack. The -15 db input jack still works though.

2- Peavey 2x15 cabs. I broke one running a guitar with a danelectro fuzz/octave wah.

The other 2x15 cab broke at an Ill Itches gig while using a "Swollen Pickle" distortion pedal. This is the beginning of a common theme.

Then I blew out 2 peavey 12inch + horn PA speakers when using the Swollen Pickle.

Then I had a friend blow out his fender bass amp, using the same pedal.

I stopped using the Swollen pickle. Then my little sister gave me an OCD overdrive pedal for Christmas. Everyone always says, "you can't hurt an amp by using a pedal" I kept on telling them otherwise, from my experiences. The OCD has a HUGE boost. More than is really a responsible amount for a company to make. They need warning labels.

I didn't learn from my past experiences. I listened to the conventional wisdom.

"You can't hurt an amp with a pedal"

Then I blew out a Crate V100 Tube amp I last month with the OCD pedal. That really bothered me. I liked that amp a lot! It wasn't even up that loud! But then everyone still said, " you can't damage an amp with a pedal".

Today I was playing with 3 fender amps, and I blew out a Princeton 112 amp. Thank God it wasn't my Super 6 amp or Musicmaster bass amp.  I had that amp for 15+ years!

Well, I think these fancy high end pedals people pay 100-200 dollars for are liabilities. The only shitty pedal that blew out an amp was that Danelectro-- which has way too much gain in my opinion.

The joke growing up was always that all the guys that couldn't really play had big fancy pedal boards with expensive pedals. I think its still true today. Stay away from the powerful pedals. They are too much. They are irresponsibly made, and marketed. Stepping on a pedal that makes your amp that much louder is probably a bad thing. Of course, no one really tells you these things. I googled "pedal breaking amp". All I got were links to distortion pedals mimicking a broken amp. What a crock of shit.

Oh well. I think I am just going to have to use the Behringer tube screamer knock off I bought for 20 bucks and see how many amps I break.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center