Guitar Center String Club

A couple of weeks ago, a young cashier at my favorite chain store talked me into signing up for Guitar Center's string club. This is how it works:

1. Pay 20 dollars for a one year membership

2. Every month for a year you get 5 dollars to spend on strings in the store.

5 dollars a month x 12 months = 60 dollars a year in strings - 20 dollars in membership cost= 40 DOLLARS IN FREE STRINGS a year

I used my first 5 dollars in February to buy a 3 pack of D 'Adarrio strings for 9.99- 5.00= 4.99

They did not ask for an id when I signed up. Will they ask for one when I sign up again under a different name at a different store? We will have to find out if they ask for my ID when I use my first membership card for the month of March. Then I will decide if I should invest in more string club memberships under different aliases.

Matthew Von Mruzekstein

Just think, if I invest 200 dollars, I will have 400 dollars in free strings every year!

My usual 3 for 10 pack of strings cost per set of strings, including the 20 dollar year charge would be:

(20.00/12)+9.99-5.00=  2.22 per pack of D 'Adarrio strings

Not a bad deal, considering most people pay 5 bucks or more for a single pack! This is what is going to keep me from buying strings off of Chinese websites!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My voice is being silenced by the liberal media

That time I bought a Guitar for $1 at Guitar Center